You’re on a unique journey. SIU is here to guide you to your destination.
We welcome transfer students at all stages of their college careers. Students come to us from community college, other Illinois universities, surrounding states, and even from other countries.
Make SIU the next step in your adventure.
Take the next STEP to becoming a Saluki!
The Saluki Transfer Estimator Portal (STEP) is a web-based tool that integrates institutional course equivalency and degree audit data to provide an unofficial credit estimation and a more seamless transfer process.
View the transfer checklist for detailed steps on becoming a Saluki.
Whether you are transferring from a community college or another university, SIU wants to be a part of your future! Southern Illinois University is a transfer student-friendly institution and transfer students make up a large segment of our student population.
- What is the institution’s transfer credit policy? How many credits can I transfer in? Do all credits apply towards my major?
- Do you accept prior learning exams or experience as academic credit?
- How does your institution accept and evaluate repeated courses?
- Do I still need to provide transcripts?
- I’m thinking about transferring. What courses should I take in preparation?
- Should I complete an associate’s degree?
- Do you have any transfer scholarships or additional funding opportunities for transfer students?
- Do you have any special programs with local community colleges?
- Do you have any special programs with local high schools?
- How is the Saluki Transfer Estimator Portal different from other transfer credit tools?